Specializing in Strand Casting
and Solidification-related Problems
Major Projects have included.....
- Quality audits at various slab, bloom, and billet casting
- Analysis of mold-level control-system problems on slab casters.
- Assistance in engineering new single- and dual-strand slab casters.
- Re-design of the spray system on a mini-mill billet caster.
- Concepts and preparation of a specification for a new dual-strand bloom caster.
- Solving of quality problems in slab casting Al-killed sheet steel and plate steel.
- Analysis of operating and quality problems in the strand casting of lead.
- Report on the effects of hydrogen in strand cast steel.
- Tundish design modifications for producing auto-quality LCAK steel slabs.
- Analysis of strand bulging strains for various slab casters.
- Re-design of the mold for a rounds caster.
- Full-scale water model studies of billet and slab caster tundishes.
- Solution of breakout problems in the casting of steel rounds,
billets and slabs.
- Study of cracking problems in as-solidified centrifugally-cast
Casting Consultants, Inc. has also provided assistance in specification writing for
design and up-grading of facilities, as well as analyses of breakouts, as-cast structures,
surface and/or internal quality problems, and steelmaking practices for strand casting.
P.O. Box 20590
Rochester, NY 14602
Phone/Fax: (585) 387-9553
Edward S. Szekeres, Ph.D., P.E. - Principal
All contents are © Copyright 2018 by Casting Consultants, Inc., Rochester, NY.
Homepage development by FES Digital Solutions. Last
update: January 09, 2018